Microsoft SharePoint is one of the popular and effective web technology. It is a browser based program and document management system developed by Microsoft. It allows businesses to set up a centralized and password protected cloud space which is used for sharing purpose. SharePoint has come up as a top resource used by businesses for cloud collaboration.
Few benefits provided by this technology are:
1. Provides an Integrated Platform: SharePoint is built on an open source, scalable architecture which supports both interoperability and web standards. It contains rich application programming interface (API’s) and event handlers. These attributes promote flexibility and integrity.
2. Simple & Consistent User Experience: It is profoundly integrated with desktop and web browsers to provide a consistent user experience. It aims to simplify the interaction process with content and business data. Its integration with robust functionality makes it a perfect platform to employ easy services.
3. Simplify Everyday Business Activities: Its functionalities such as initiating, tracking, reporting, document review, approval and collection can be done easily without any coding. Its tight integration provides a simple and consistent client experience.
4. Manage and Re-purpose Content: On SharePoint cloud, users and content creators can write and submit content that is scheduled to be deployed on various internet sites. There are library templates that are designed to manage this multilingual documents.
5. Meets Regulatory Requirements: One can easily specify and change security settings, storage policies, auditing and expiration actions in accordance with respective business policies. This ensures that your sensitive information is controlled and managed properly.
6. Simplify Access to Business Data: Clouds are applications that stores data, so that it can be accessed easily by all authorized users. Similar is with SharePoint. It offers access to its users, so that they can easily share and view business data. Enterprise Managed Document Repositories are created to help organizations, in storing and organizing documents at a central location.
7. Connect Employees: Enterprise Search feature is beneficial for storing business data and documents, which can be followed across various businesses to produce comprehensive results. Additional features such as spelling correction, duplicate collapsing and alerts aim to improve data relevancy, so that one can easily find the results, he is searching for.
8. Enable Employees to Take Informed Decisions: Its easy to create interactive business intelligence portals that aim to display critical information using dashboards, scorecards and key performance indicators. The Centralized Report Center acts as a single place for locating the data reports.
Microsoft SharePoint is changing the way businesses save and share their files internally and externally. These were the few benefits offered by this technology. These features are actually causing the entrepreneurs to turn towards Microsoft. CloudSharp is a leading provider of wide range of digital cloud hosting solutions including MS Azure, Office 365 and other managed services in Toronto and Mississauga.